2017

2017

Friday, 10 January 2014

Hello 2014

"If only there could be an invention that bottled up a memory, like scent. And it never faded, and it never got stale. And then, when one wanted it, the bottle could be uncorked, and it would be like living the moment all over again." -Daphne du Maurier

I'm eleven days late.

In fact, i'm always late. I'ts been over a week into the year and yet, ever so often, I find myself fiddling with memories of the past year, a tinge of wistfulness. Could i re-live the fond times, without the ensuing bitterness and painful nights? I've always hoped for some sort of miracle, some phenomenon that could bring me back to a particular moment in the past.

2013. What a year. I suppose the deepest memory was mingled with first love, which left a mark and many lessons i expect to carry with me for some time. Foolish, naive, ready to believe anything, the lovelorn lass that i was. There is something to be said about the innocence of first love, the child like faith in the relationship, so frail and groundless. Yet it radiates a silent strength, strong enough to go against all form of logic and rationale. 

Each year i look back, not knowing whether to laugh or cry at the ups and downs of the year that had transpired. After all, living in the present cannot be done without letting the past go. And in the midst of the nostalgia and muses, the new year dawns. Barely ready, with my thoughts in an indecipherable mess, i say it again. Hello.

Hello, 2014.

Diary planner i decorated, in some effort to be more organized despite consecutive years of failing

Bangs, just because.


Soothing fruit tea, and h&m haul. The little things in life.

Free beauty goodies from Innisfree, and sparkling polish i had to get

Kudos to the Japanese who came up with satisfying food that looks deceivingly healthy



The past few days have been good, i pray this decency lasts me a little longer. There are days when i feel quite despondent, but i have resolved not to be a cynic about this world. Thankful for the people who stuck by, because i'm beginning to believe in humanity. Someone once told me to note down all the things that made me glad, and happy. To note down the little things in life that made me laugh, and smile. Perhaps we just ought to be more aware, of the times that we can say "hey, life isn't so bad after all". Perhaps they were all right, in saying it's all about perspective, because there are always flowers, for the people who want to see them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog